Okay so it has been a LONG time since I last wrote anything of worth on this blog (I am not saying that this is of worth…don’t worry).
I keep thinking of things to write about with every intention of doing so, but by the time I get home I am usually distracted by food, facebook, or next door’s screaming baby.
I also approach these entries with the intention of having a theme threaded through the post, but it will always end up the same…ramblings of a twenty something year old, single, irritable woman who would have no issues with living with 5 cats as opposed to a husband. Go figure.
I was walking to the gym last week (yes I exercise, and yes it took me three attempts to spell exercise correctly), and all I could think about was how fucking irritating the wind was. Hair in my face, scarf flying back and near on choking me, eyes streaming, whilst trying to hold on to all my worldly belongings. It also made me consider all the tiny little things that really really irritate me but I don’t feel like I can say anything due to their insignificance. Apparently, the average human is irritated 7 times a day by something that is out of their control….
So, here are my top ten most fucking annoying things that piss me off no end.
In no particular order….
1. Bags in the wind - okay I know I have already mentioned this briefly, but I cannot bear when I have been to a shop and am carrying something light in a carrier bag and the wind causes it to continually fly up. Paper bags such as Primark are the worst for this.
2. Hangers - When you are looking through rails in shops and the hangers get caught. You can tactically manoeuvre all you like and take as many other items of the rail first, but in the end you will just tug and shake until your chosen item becomes free. I snapped a hanger doing this last week, not even sorry.
3. Changing a duvet cover - I don’t care how many ‘tips and tricks’ I am give, it is still an absolute ball ache and a thoroughly shit experience.
Also, the worst is putting your sheets/duvet in the wash and thinking ‘I will put clean ones on later’. You have of course forgotten all about this by the time you go to bed and realise that you have to put clean sheets/duvet cover on. (Occasionally I won’t bother. Don’t judge me, you’ve done it too.)
4. Tea stains in mugs - now this might just be me, but I cannot stand tea stains in mugs. I feel like it is never clean. My Grandma did tell me that I should put the milk in first to prevent this, but what kind of a lunatic puts the milk in first?!
5. Till staff having an extra long conversation with a customer in front of you - they’ve paid, they’ve bagged their shopping, and let’s be honest you couldn’t give a fuck how they’re daughter in Australia is doing. Move along.
To avoid this, I will sometimes opt for self service check outs. However, I don’t feel like I can physically hear the words ‘there is an unexpected item in the bagging area’ again. Surely, everything should be expected, that is what you were created for?
6. When the shower suddenly goes weak - Sometimes I feel like it knows that I have just put shampoo in my hair….
7. Staff in coffee shops who take 15 orders at once and then ask you 3 times what your order was - just take one at a time, you’re not impressing anyone.
8. Banks, phone companies, insurance companies - self explanatory
9. The internet - when the internet isn’t connecting yet you have full signal and all the right lights are flashing on your router. WHY ISN’T IT WORKING?? I always think and that disconnecting and reconnecting 100 times will help.
10. Tangled headphones - I wrapped them so nicely, HOW ARE THERE SO MANY FUCKING KNOTS?
Yes I am impatient and short tempered. Please reassure me that I am not the only one?